Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pokrov Day 5





Today was the last day at Pokrov. We played games, had another self defense class for girls, and we had a short talk on why the girls are learning self defense for the boys.

I saw Nadya's grave while the team worked in the garden and had free time. It was less painful this year than last year.

We also had our lesson on Responsibility and its importance with Christie and Chari.

Michael, Nathan and I went to MacDonald's with the kids who were celebrating spring birthdays. I was invited to go by one of the girls.

We also got to see kids who came back to visit. Klara, Vadim and Sasha L. all visited us today. I was especially glad to see Klara who I used to sponsor. They are all living in Vladimir now.

In the evening we passed the candle and talked about the highlights of our week.

Then we had a disco. It too a while to get kids dancing. I think there were more Americans dancing than there were Russians. The kids always want to have a disco, but it's hard to get them to dance.

We exchanged gifts with the orphanage staff, we also gave gifts to our interpreters. It is always sad to leave the kids, but we need to get home to our families.

Pray for the kids. it is difficult for them when we leave. I wish we could go quarterly, but it is not possible right now.

thanks for praying for us.

No comments: