Monday, June 2, 2014

Vladimir and Pokrov - Days 3 and 4

Hi.  I'm sorry that I did not get an update together yesterday.  I had an unfortunate card error and lost all of my pics, so I was spending time trying to recover them.  No luck yet.

So, here is a brief update as I need to get to bed.  It's been another long day.

On Sunday, we went to the Weslyan Church for services, then to lunch at the mall, then back to the ministry center.  Unfortunately, I lost all of those pics, except for a few toward the end of the day.

The lessons at the ministry center were on needs and motivation and on having a positive attitude.  Don and I led the lessons and we had a pretty good group of kids.  We met in small groups in the second session for a while, then we went off to dinner with the kids. 

Today, Monday, we had a good drive with minimal delay to the orphanage in Pokrov.  Most of the kids are in Moscow for a children's holiday event, so we spent some time with the real little kids and then most of the afternoon with the orphanage staff.  They provided some lessons and games for us, and Don led a lesson on anger management for the staff.  A few kids who were at the orphanage attended a portion of that session. 

Here are some pics of the day.  BTW, so far everyone is well, but I do feel a cold coming on.  :-(   I hope it's nothing. 


















No comments: