Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pokrov - Day 5

Well, allergies are acting up, which has put a damper on things a bit, and one of the kids I sponsor left for camp this morning before I got to see her. 

However, it was a good day in many ways.  The lesson on unity went well and I was able to spend time with a number of kids that I might not normally spend time with. 

I also met one of ths kids' fathers as he came to visit. 

In addition to the lesson, we did some work around the orphanage and I was part of a group getting to know some of the younger kids.  We also did crafts and games.  T-shirt making is always a favorite, and this year we introduced string back packs.

We also had our annual dinner with the orphanage staff.  It was very nice and I met two staff members that I had not known well in the past.  That was a great time. 

The children also put on a concert for us about the federal children's holidays. 




No comments: