Thursday, June 10, 2010

Update from Pokrov

So, there is a lot to write. I've been so tired that I haven't updated the blog and now it is Friday--our last day.

The past few days have seen:
  • A trip to a local museum about chocolate and the Kraft chocolate factory here as well as some Pokrov history
  • A walk to the lake for a picnic and the kids swimming and games
  • A trip to the kids' woodshop where they practice traditional Russian wood carving
  • lessons on love, patience and kindness (including a skit where I got to fulfill my lifelong dream of being a rock star)
  • lots of Russian chocolate and Ginger Bread
  • interaction in crafts, soccer, American football, frisbee, basketball
  • a review of the day's activities with kids, our team and orphanage staff confirming the powerful impact of even a short week's trip
Here are a few pics.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds great! I hope you all have a wonderful last day and safe travels back!