Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flight delayed all unknown

Well, it's been a busy day. First, I went to the bank to get cash for the trip, then I found out that the visas were not at HopeChest's office. Then I found out that they would not get there. Then I found out that they might get there. Then I found out that the woudn't.

In the mean time Delta's group travel agent steered me wrong and told me I could wait until morning to reschedule my trip once I had the visas. A HopeChest rep thought that sounded strange so he called Delta. That rep said that we did need to take some action before morning. So, now we have to wait till the morning to take next steps to find out when we are going.

One obstacle is that Delta's policy is to charge a $250 change fee plus the price change of the ticket. In this case the price change could be between $300 and $3,800. Obviously, we aren't going with the $3,800. So, we'll see what we can do and ask on bended knee for some grace.

Keep reading for more updates.

No comments: