Friday, June 13, 2008

We had a successful trip

Wow, we had our summary meeting tonight at the hotel after returning from a tour of the Kremlin. Everyone was positive.

"The five teenagers we brought with us were awesome."

"We just scratch the surface of these kids everyday lives. We need to continue to pray for, write to and visit these kids."

"I became like a new parent this week."

"Working with these kids requires risk. It's a relationship. It's not just lecturing to them, but it is like being a parent or other role model."

I had a great time with Nadya, the girl my family sponsors. She is nervous about leaving the orphanage in the fall. She does have some dreams and goals. I also told her about my dreams and visions for her. I then prayed with her before we left.

Another girl, Karina, gave me a brief note that was begin translated just about two hours before we left the orphanage last night. The translator showed it to me, so we went to talk with Karina. the line that got me was "I want to ask you so many questions, but I just can't think of what they are right now. I know that God has put you in my life for a purpose." I went to speak with her and found that she also had many fears about leaving the orphanage. I was also able to talk with her and pray with her about her future.

That's it for now, but here are a few photos.

No comments: